Friday, December 12, 2008

A good day

Today was a good day for me. I didn't go for a walk but that is OK - I have my pedometer and so far have just over 6600 steps which isn't too bad given that the first time I went out of the house was a 8.40pm when I got K to drive around to my folks to drop off some banana bread that we had made during the day. She has to do 10 hrs of night driving in her 100 hrs of logged driving - slowly we are getting there. She has completed just over 34 hours (which is great because up until about 3 weeks ago - she had completed a total of about 5 hrs !!!!) Thank goodness for being unemployed - I knew there was a reason why I wasn't working !!

Since I have gone back to my 3 / 4 nights per week work at Coles I have been battling to sleep. Last night I didn't work because I had fallen over a pallet on Monday night and when I went to work on Wednesday night my back really gave me uphill. So said I wasn't available last night which would mean it would have a rest until Monday night as we are rostered off this Saturday. Anyway, I was still awake when A got home as I had been working on my paperwork and trying to get MYOB loaded so that I could process The Body and Feet Retreat stuff so that when it comes to tax time it is all done - got into bed and lay there. So then got up and took a sleeping tablet and had a great nights sleep. I vaguely heard him get up, cook himself some breakfast and then he kissed me goodbye and went to work and I must have fallen asleep again as the next thing I knew it was 8.45am !!!

K had just woken up and was watching TV so I got up and made some blueberry muffins for breakfast. We sat outside on the swing chair watching the rain coming down and ate our breakfast - it was lovely.

Then I got stuck into the kitchen drawers - who would have thought that so much stuff could be stuffed into four little drawers !!! Apart from the top drawer which has our everyday cutlery in - the other drawers had such an accumulation of unnecessary items - it just wasn't funny. But I had great fun matching up measuring cup sets, and measuring spoon sets - and figured that I don't really need 5 sets of measuring cups do I ????? Nor do I need 6 sets of measuring spoons !!! I didn't get rid of any of the bottle openers - that is A's domain and I knew I would be touching a nerve if I had any of his bottle openers on the St Vinnie's pile so put them all back in the drawer - but there is now so much room, they can fit without having to try to jiggle the drawer to get it open or closed !! I also got rid of 4 pairs of salad servers - and I still kept 4 pairs (not counting the two wooden sets I have just remembered we bought a little while ago when Target were having a sale and we bought a whole bunch of wooden things because we love wood so much !!!) Maybe I should have another look tomorrow and get rid of another set of salad servers !!

Then came the bottom drawer with every possible handout from WW - fat lot of good they did me - so kept the recipes I think I may ACTUALLY make and tossed the rest out. I believe they are bringing out a new programme in the new year anyway (they always do every 2 years) so figure there really isn't much point in keeping the old stuff. While I haven't been doing WW for a very long time now, in the back of my mind I think that I am going to have to go back to them because, honestly, it seems to be the only way I can lose any weight. This past week my steps have been really good, my eating has been a lot less than it used to be but my weight isn't moving at all - I know that I need that discipline of having to face someone at the scales each week to keep me on the straight and narrow. URRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH when I find work in the new year I'll have the money but battle to find the time to go to WW class because of my diploma lectures and if I don't find work, I'll have the time but not the money to attend !!! Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Never mind - it will all sort itself out and what will be will be.

After that K and I made some banana bread with the vrot bananas that we had. When the banana bread was in the over we tackled the pantry cupboard - gosh, I can't tell you how many items we found in there that had expired - and I can only think that at some point in time I actually thought I would make something with them !!!! At least that has been done and I feel so much better now - next is working my way through the rest of the kitchen cupboards and getting rid of kitchen clutter that hasn't been used for the past 12 months. I know that at the bottom of my pot cupboard there is a roasting pan which we got as a wedding present 21 years ago which has never been used - I don't do roasts in the oven, Al always does them on the Weber. I am sure that St Vinnie's will be able to find someone who can make better use of it than what I have !!!

Then K went off for a parking lesson - her driving is coming along really nicely but her parking is giving me grey hairs. After the two lessons this week, she is a lot more confident and I am not so paranoid that she is going to hit the cars on either side of us when she is going into or out of a parking - having said that, we still look for parkings with no cars around !!!!!!

This afternoon I finished getting MYOB loaded and all my processing done - another job that makes me feel good. And then it was time to get ready for my hot stone client. She really enjoyed the treatment - hope she passes my details onto anyone she hears who is interested in taking some time out for themselves.

We don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend - maybe try to get to see Quotum of Solace as both A & K want to see it - I don't mind either way. Thank goodness all my Christmas shopping is finished - maybe I will spend some time wrapping the presents and not leaving them until we get home after work on Christmas Eve !!!

Take care and have a fantastic weekend !

Thought for the day : If you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

1 comment:

Lee-Anne said...

Is this your new blog?????

Just checked your message. Am in the middle of work assessment but today is the last day. So far so good. Will be able to take a bit of a breather after that.

Will be back to catch up on all your happenings later.

Just wanted to say hi and of course I want to follow your journey. Through thick and thin.

Take care and have a super week.

Lee-Anne