Thursday, December 11, 2008

Too busy

I have to be honest, when my contract finished 3 1/2 weeks ago, I thought it would be the ideal time for me to get back into blogging and get in touch with those friends that I have neglected for too long - how wrong was I ??????

Having said that, the reason I haven't blogged this week is because I got my new pedometer and I am out getting my steps up so that I don't have to post some piss willy number onto the 10,000 steps site. So, my options have been - blog or walk - walking won. And blog or swim - swimming won. I am sure that the novelty of the pedometer will wear off eventually but while it is here, I am going to make the most of it. K said on Tuesday night that she wanted to walk every day so I told her I could wake her up when we got up in the morning for A to go to work and I would go walking with her - big mistake - she is far fitter than I am and I spent the whole of the walk yesterday morning saying "Sorry Luv - either go on ahead or slow down a little - I can't keep up with you" !!! She was apologetic and said for me not to worry about slowing her down - just now I would be fitter and we could walk at that pace (until she forgot and sped up again and I had to ask her to slow down a little !!!!) I think she may be back at school before I am fit enough to keep up with her.

I started reading Dr Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss book but it obvioulsy didn't grab me the way that I thought it would because I keep putting off picking it up again. At the moment I am reading "Does this clutter make my butt look fat" - I think that the universe is trying to tell me something because it was only a week or two ago that I was put in touch with the FLY webpage which is all about whizz cleaning through your home and, you guessed it, decluttering. While on my forced holiday, I have made a concerted effort to declutter those areas / cupboards that collect the things that are too hard to decide what to do with - and I am being ruthless in getting rid of stuff (I am sure that this will come back to bite me on my butt when A says "Where is XYZ" and I will have to say - I got rid of it because we haven't used it for the past 12 months). Either tomorrow or Friday the plan is to tackle the pantry - I was going to do that today but with K at a driving lesson learning how to park (I haven't been able to explain that clearly enough to her and I get another couple of grey hairs every time she drives into a car park and has to park the car) and such a beautiful day outside, I put my togs on, got onto my little floaty thing and spent the hour in the pool - it was gorgeous.

Tomorrow I am off to enrol for the diploma next year - all very exciting although I will have some work to do these holidays going over, and ensuring that I know, all the origins, insertions and actions of all major muscles - four pages worth actually. Think I should tackle a couple every day and just keep adding to what I have learnt.

My eating has been quite good - I have been so busy that I really haven't eaten as many wrong foods as I could have. Also with K at home I tend not to snack like I do when I am by myself - definitely has something to do with not wanting her to see just how much I can eat when I put my mind to it - actually even when I don't put my mind to it I can eat heaps !!!!! I have been cooking good wholesome dinners every night - plus cooking extra to freeze so that when lectures start again on 5th January, A doesn't have to cook on the nights I have lectures - he can just heat up and maybe do some veggies.

We are having a very quiet Christmas this year - mainly because with me not working financially that is all we can afford. I went onto the recipe site that I use quite often and found a couple of interesting takes on potato salad (my contribution towards Christmas lunch) along with the turkey and a dessert. Haven't finalised a dessert recipe but the Bailey's cheesecake is looking good at this stage.

This whole not sleeping thing is starting up again - I was doing really well with my sleeping while I was a lectures but now that I am back working the 8-midnight shift, we get home, get into bed and A is snoring within minutes - it is now 2.34am and I am still as wide awake as a 'nag apie' (or night monkey for those who can't read Afrikaans !!!) To make it worse my hayfever is driving me absolutely nuts - I hate taking anti-histamines but have resorted to them to try to get some relief from the itchy eyes, throat and ears but I am not having much success - does anyone have anything else they can recommend ?

My business is coming along nicely. I have had a couple of paying clients (which is great as up until the end of November, everyone I treated was for free but now that I am qualified I can start to charge for the services I provide - YAY !!!) and I have also sold a number of gift certificates which is great. One downside of doing all the marketing / set up etc by yourself is that sometimes you take things for granted - my Dad designed the front of my gift certificate and I told him what information I wanted included - unfortunately I didn't include any contact details of how to get hold of me when they want to book their appointment !!!!!! Luckily it is all friends who have bought them so I have delivered business cards to them to be included in the envelope with the gift certificate and Dad is going to change the info on the next batch that he prints - he said to scrap the ones that I haven't used yet but I said that was a waste of the good paper and all the ink that we have already used so will just remember to pop a couple of business cards in when I sell them. I have ordered my next lot of flyers to be delivered at the end of December as they have the specials for January and February - I have 1500 of those arriving in the next week or so. I am undecided on whether to try to build the business as quickly as I can or wait until I have finished the diploma. With me having lectures on two nights per week and all day Sunday, plus working at Coles one or two nights per week I don't really have a lot of time to see clients - provided I find a full time job in the new year - and I don't want to have clients having to wait a week or two before I can see them - URRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment on this one. I think I am going to have to sit down and seriously think about how to do this - does anyone know anyone who is looking for an accountant to work 2-3 days per week - that would be the ideal solution because then I would have 2-3 days to see clients at home and 2-3 days of using my grey matter. This is my want / need for the new year - I will sit down tomorrow and construct it exactly how I want it and then put it out to the universe. I did a hot stone treatment last week and have another one booked for Friday - I really enjoy doing that treatment although not as much as I enjoy doing reflexology - next flyer drop I must wish for more reflexology clients !!!!

OK - it is now 2.48am and I am going to get into bed and try to get some sleep - with all that I have on I can't even have a nana nap during the afternoon !!!!! Take care and look after yourselves.

Thought for the day : We are all like one-winged angels - it is only when we help each other that we can fly.

No comments: