Monday, June 7, 2010

Rest day or lazy day ?

This weekend I did not exercise at all – nothing, zip, zero, zilch, no walks, no cycles, no jogs. I had lots of good intentions but they just didn’t happen for lots of reasons. But, am I using the excuse of a rest day as a way of justifying what I didn’t do ? A keeps telling me how important rest days are when you are training but I am not sure if it is just a way to justify the times when you don’t train.

At 9pm last night I felt really guilty when I realised that we hadn’t done any exercise the whole weekend but not guilty enough to get out from under the blanket and go and do something about it !!!!

I did work packing shelves for 3 hrs on Saturday night at Coles so I did sort of do something but it may be a stretch to call it exercise.

My food intake this weekend was really good given the circumstances – I had good breakfasts both days. Made good choices for lunch when we were out. I had about 6-8 chips with lunch on Saturday and paid the price with an unsettled stomach the rest of the day so said to Al that, in future, please remind me about the fact that, while I love hot chips, my body doesn’t like them anymore and it isn’t worth the discomfort to have them. So yesterday when we were sitting down to have something to eat he reminded me and said he didn’t mind if I had them (as I would have had some of his !!) but that I had asked him to remind me not to have them. I didn’t have any and felt so much better for not having had them.

I also managed to stay focussed enough to not have a muffin or an ice-cream that they had over the weekend. I did have one Ferrero Rocher chocolate but figure that wasn’t going to break my motivation or send me off the rails – I could have eaten a whole heap more but managed to say only one, only one !!!!!!

My unofficial weight loss was just under 20kgs this morning – oh how I wish the 20kg mark would arrive – I am hanging out to get my yinyang Pandora charm !!!!! Someone said to me today that I should just go and buy it but I said that didn’t feel right – if it was to acknowledge my 20kg loss, how could I justify buying it if I hadn’t lost the 20kgs yet ?

I am focussed on doing some exercise tonight – will be going home and making sure that, come rain, hail or snow (OK that isn’t likely on the Gold Coast), I WILL be exercising tonight. Not so much because I have to, but because I missed not exercising on the weekend. Our plans to cycle the horrible hill in Brisbane went south when all arrangements changed on Saturday but, you get that some days and sometimes it is about being able to adapt and adjust to the current situation.

TFTD : If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things that are missing. If you don’t have love in your life, no matter what else there is, it’s not enough – Ann Landers

No comments: