Monday, May 24, 2010

Another Monday

How come Monday seems to come around so much more frequently than Friday ? It seems like every time I turn around it is Monday again but man, I have to wait and wait and wait for Friday to get here. I suppose that it is just one of those things that are part of the unexplained.

We had a great weekend – a good mix of clients, chores around the house, exercising and resting. We got up to Brisbane yesterday and cycled 28kms of the race – boy are the hills in Brisbane something else when compared to those on the Gold Coast – I guess everything really is bigger and better up there ! The worst thing is that we didn’t get to do the worst hill – the one that dog legs about 3 or 4 times. Will try to get to that one next time we go up – probably in two weeks time as next Sunday we have the fourth race in the Corporate Challenge races so think we will just cycle locally on Sunday and do some hill work around here.

On our way home we stopped off and got two new saddles as A and I are still battling with our butts on the saddles we had. Unfortunately our butts did not like the time they spent on the saddles yesterday so we have decided to stop dicking around trying to change the angle of the saddles that we have and to get new ones – these have a 90 day money back g’tee so you had better believe that if our butts don’t like these ones, they are going to be going back.

I think that I am soon going to have to put a ban on us going to Anaconda – just like I had to do with Bunnings when we first moved into the house. You will be amazed at all the things you didn’t know you needed until you go into one of these two shops and then – BAM – it hits you – gosh this would be handy to have, wow this would work really well over here, gee this is amazing and I am sure that we will be able to use it so much – it just never stops. The worst thing is that you go there expecting to spend maybe $2 buying a washer for a leaking tap and come out having spent $150 on stuff that you didn’t even know you needed but which you are really sure is good value for money !

A’s hand is progressing slowly – he has taken leave this week from Coles so it is going to be great having him at home in the evenings. I am also another step closer to a different marketing strategy thanks to the help of a very dear friend, I now have a one colour DL size flyer ready to be saved as a pdf file and sent to the printer for printing and distribution. I just need to decide what areas I want to target and how much money I can afford to spend.

My weight is slowly coming down this week – not as fast as I would like but then it never is, is it ? Today I could so easily have walked to the Arts CafĂ© and bought a milk chocolate macadamia cookie but kept putting it off until it was just about home time and there is no point in eating a cookie that close to going home – could just wait and have a fruit cup when I get home and save those calories for another day when I am really desperate for something sweet.

TFTD : You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.

No comments: