Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The dreaded snooze button

Does anyone dislike the snooze button as much as I do ? I think I dislike it more than the actual alarm going off in the morning. Mine might be a bit dodgy which is why sometimes it snoozes for just a minute and other times it snoozes for the conventional 5 minutes – but, no matter what it snoozes for, it seems to me that I just doze off and it is going off again. I know, I know – if I just got up when the alarm first went off I wouldn’t have to worry about the snooze button – but I can’t. No matter how many times I try – I just can’t get out of bed when the alarm goes off – I NEED to have a few ‘snoozes’ before I get up. I don’t know why – A doesn’t know why – but I am sure he wishes that I would just get up the first time it goes off. He generally doesn’t get up until after me so there must be mornings when I snooze for about 30 minutes with the alarm going off every 5 minutes it must drive him nuts but, given he has never said anything, maybe it isn’t that bad !! Of course winter time is worse because the chance to stay snuggled under the doona for those extra few minutes sometimes is just too hard to resist – the down side is that, the longer I lie in bed, the more I have to rush or the later I will be for work which probably isn’t the end of the world but if I am too late I have to stay later to make up the time (or just get paid less) and, the chances of getting a parking space diminish in direct proportion to how late I am.

This adds to the dilemma of how short to cut my hair. The shorter it is the more often I have to wash it – at least if I can tie it up, I only have to wash it every other day instead of every day and, with winter on the way, I would prefer to spend every second longer in the morning in bed rather than getting up earlier every morning to wash and dry my hair UNLESS I went really, really short but my head may not like that during winter – at least with long hair, I have a chance of keeping some part of my body i.e. my head, warm. Given how much I feel the cold, this is probably going to be the deciding factor in the decision on how short to cut my hair. There is still a part of me that wants to go really short but that part may have to just wait until closer to summer (and more kilos gone).

TFTD : There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden, or even your bathtub.

2 comments:

kathy shell said...

I always toss up between having very short easy care hair or medium short higher maintenance but more attractive hair. I want both, lol, ease of care and good looks :-)

Julie's Journey said...

I dont need the snooze button - I manage to snooze quite well without it. Oh well, late for work again.