Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's back .................... sort of !

The motivation that I was missing yesterday is back today. Last night I realised that it is up to me to change my attitude if I don’t like what is happening – I don’t have to be a victim of my circumstances and so today I started the day in a different frame of mind and it is working – I don’t feel down like I did yesterday. It is all good and I am happy.

I had a hectic night last night but that was OK because I knew it was going to be hectic so had a bit of plan for tackling everything. I had a late client so it was after 9pm by the time I was finished with her and then K wanted a massage so it was closer to 10pm by the time I as ready to eat by which time I no longer wanted to eat – so I didn’t. I figured that missing one meal wasn’t going to kill me and it was probably better for me not to eat that late in the day although I do think that it gave me a false reading at my weigh in this morning. Down another 1.4kg taking total loss in 13 weeks to 15.2 ! That is just about half way so I am quite happy with that. Someone asked me the other day if I was happy with how my weight loss was progressing and I said that it was probably quicker than I think it should be (or what it has been in the past) but not as fast as I would like it to be !!!!! I think what has made it a bit easier this time is that the whole family is doing it and while K&A never tempted me and supported me in my weight loss endeavours, there is something different about them supporting me to them actually doing what I am doing. Plus we are doing heaps more exercise that I have done in more years than I care to think about !! Having said that I am really enjoying it and the feeling of accomplishment when we get home after a hard walk or cycle is fantastic ! Just knowing that I got off my butt and did something is good.

Have a great Friday tomorrow everyone !

TFTD : The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you are willing to work – Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

Kathy Shell said...

Love your blog Linda and this quote ~ The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you are willing to work – Oprah Winfrey
Thanks for sharing :-)