Thursday, April 22, 2010

To go down or to go up ? What will my body decide to do ?

Things have been tracking really well with my exercise and eating this week but I am not seeing any loss. Have I reached the famous ‘plateau’ that everyone talks about ? Is my body saying ‘Hey, this is too fast – where is all my insulation going ? Don’t you know that winter is coming up and I need it ?’ which doesn’t really help me accept that the weight is not moving even though I am doing everything the same.

Yesterday I did have a summer roll chocolate – and I thoroughly enjoyed every morsel of it. I figure if I can’t eat something worth about 160 cal without having heart palpitations over it, my life probably isn’t worth living anyway. And one chocolate in I don’t know how many weeks surely can’t be too bad for me. I got home last night and really didn’t feel like walking but A was up for a walk and I felt a bit guilty over the chocolate so went walking. I don’t think I walked as fast as I normally do because my thighs were quite tight and tender. The important thing for me was actually getting out there rather than staying at home and working my way through the list of things that I had to do last night. I tackled those when I got home and apart from one thing which wasn’t on the list because I had forgotten I wanted to do it, I managed to get the rest of the list done so felt really good about that.

I have one client tonight so, depending on the weather because it is peeing down with rain now and has been raining on and off most of the day, we will go for a cycle or a walk and then home to dinner and my client.

I found a training program for us to use in the lead up to the bike ride. The main problem is that it is a 12 week program and we will only have 7 1/2 weeks from when we return from holiday so I think I may just start the program off at week 6 and see how we go. It may get a bit tricky trying to fit it in with clients and two jobs but we will do the best we can.

Only another two work days and then we are on our way – I can’t wait !!!

Have a great day and take care.

TFTD : Bad times have scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Julie's Journey said...

I am finally up-to-date with your blog. Great lunchtime reading. I have the same thoughts about food that you do and I will draw on your strength for inspiration. Love reading about your exercise too. Wish I could do something but am taking it easy at the moment so that I will hopefully heal a little bit. Your weight loss is incredible. Hope you have had a great weekend.