Sunday, April 11, 2010

The weekend that was

I wish that this was a four day weekend instead of a normal two day weekend because it has certainly been a busy one ! From yoga at 8am yesterday - to treating some clients - to going to buy some road bikes only to be told that there are none in stock ............ anywhere in Australia until the 2011 stock comes in in about a month's time. So, seeing as we couldn't get our bikes we took the dogs for a walk instead before going to work for 3 hrs - what more could you ask for on a Saturday night ????? Certainly not that BUT it helps to pay the bills so, it was off to work we went.

When the alarm went off at 6am this morning I wasn't too keen to get up to head off for our second 5km race, but I did. We will find out our time tomorrow and so there be able to see the improvement from the first race which was a couple of weeks back - just not sure if we can keep improving on our times. We will miss the next race as we will be in Melbourne but then we will be back for the fourth race on 30th May and the last race on 20th June - one week before we do the 50km Brisbane to Bay bike ride.

We got home from there, loaded up and drove down to Currumbin Valley were we did a 22km cycle along Currumbin Creek Road - a long steady incline made us really work our legs today and, with an average speed to 19.2kph, we were happy with our efforts.

Got home and had lunch before going to Anaconda where they are having a huge sale on bike stuff where we bought some new knicks, two wind breakers and some more cycling gloves. Oh yes, and some more lights for our bicycles. Because we cycle quite often at night and, as it is getting closer to winter and the days getting darker sooner, the flashing lights that we have are not that flash (no pun intended) to cycle with BUT they are great for visibility. So we decided to buy another light so that we can have one flashing light and one light on all the time which helps us to see where we are going.

After we had spent a (very) quick $250 on the bike stuff, we came home and did another 5km walk with the dogs. They had a great time running down a secluded path on a 30m rope - they always seem to walk so much better once they have been for a run. We had a family birthday BBQ to go to at Paradise Point, so had a quick shower and dashed off down there. All I really wanted to do was to stay at home and relax but that was not to be. We were there about 2 hrs before everyone left and we could come home where we have been sitting and relaxing for a while. If I don't sleep well tonight there is going to be all sorts of trouble. I have been sleeping so badly lately which is quite strange before normally when I exercise it helps me to sleep better but not so lately. I can only hope.

I can't say that I am looking forward to a 5 day work week but I will be happy to get a full weeks pay so I guess that I will have to show up there in order to get the money.

I also have two bookings for new clients this week which is great - here's hoping that they turn into regulars. I have a stand at a ladies night on Friday night at a friends kindy and hopefully I will attract a few new clients from that. Once we are back from Melbourne I really have to knuckle down and get some more advertising happening to try to build the business - I really want this to work so that we can give up Coles.

OK - I am going to read a bit before going to bed - take care everyone and have a great week !

TFTD : For every minute you're angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness.

No comments: